Mercury Mercruiser Marine - Plus Series 4.3L V6 4V Carbureted Bobtail Marine Engine (#865108R89)
** Only Purchase Serialized Mercrusier Engines & Sterndrives from an Authorized Mercruiser Dealer. Your Warranty May Depend on It! **
225 Horsepower - PPT is your source for 4.3L V6 MerCruiser Bobtail Marine Engines.
The PLUS SERIES line of MerCruiser 4.3L V6 engines include a MerCruiser Factory Remanufactured Longblock in combination with all new Marine Accessories. These engine accessories include the Marine Parts that are common to wear out more quickly such as the exhaust system and cooling system. This 4.3L engine repower option is the perfect combination between cost and getting more engine content because of the latest EPA Marine Regulations. These regulations now require boat owners who are looking to repower an existing boat, to either use a new engine equipped with a catalyst system and controls, or use one of these remanufactured PLUS SERIES product options. Select This Link to Read More....Engine Remanufacturing Processes.
MerCruiser PLUS SERIES 4.3L V6 Engine Specifications
|Full Throttle Range||4400 - 4800 RPM|
|Displacement||262 CID (4.3L)|
|Bore & Stroke||4.00" X 3.48" (101mm X 88mm)|
|Fuel Requirement||87 Octane (R+M)/2|
|Fuel System||4V Carb|
|Induction System||Dual Plane Iron Intake Manifold|
|Ignition System||Thunderbolt V|
|Charging System||65 Amp/917 Watt Alternator|
|Water Drain System||Multi Point Drain - Hand Removable Blue Drain Plugs|
|Exhaust System||EDP Coated Iron Manifold with EDP Coated Dry-joint Elbow|
|Cooling System||Thermostatically Controlled, Raw Water|
|Accessory Drive System||Serpentine Belt|
|Recommended Engine Oil||MerCruiser Full Synthetic Engine Oil - SAE 20W-40|
|Engine Guardian System||Low Oil Pressure, High Coolant Temperature, Low Drive Lube|
|Dimensions (LxWxH) in||28 x 30 x 21|
|Dimensions (LxWxH) mm||696 x 740 x 533|
|Weight w/ Alpha (lbs./kg)||848/385|
|Weight w/ Bravo One (lbs./kg)||N/A|
|Weight w/ Bravo Two (lbs./kg)||893/405|
|Weight w/ Bravo Three (lbs./kg)||902/410|
|Optional Freshwater Cooling||Available|
Available Engine Options
|Fresh Water Cooling||MercOptFWC-2|
* Note: This engine does not include a Y-Pipe, Intermediate Elbows, Bellows, Trimp Pump or Steering Actuator
* Select the following link to view the Mercruiser Rigging Products such as Engine and Boat Harnesses, Remote Controls, and Gauges......Mercruiser Rigging Catalog
* Click here to go to the shim kit that is necessary to mount all new Mercruiser bobtail engines.
* 1-Year Factory Warranty or Optional 2 Additional Years of Coverage Available.
* For Hawaii, Alaska, or international shipping prices, please call.
* Specifications and prices are subject to change without notice.
* An electrical harness adapter may be required when repowering a boat and replacing an engine that had the old style 10 pin connector used up through approximately 2006. Click here to go the adapter.