Mercury Marine Parts Diagrams
HP / Serial Range
Mercury Marine Engines & Sterndrives
Locating Your Mercury Marine Serial Number (Read More)
- Mercruiser Engines: The serial number tag is located near the STARTER, by the flywheel housing; or, on the ROCKER ARM or FLAME ARRESTOR COVER. View Location
- Transom plates: The serial number tag is located on the INNER TRANSOM PLATE inside the boat; or, on the UPPER SWIVEL PIN.
- Mercruiser Sterndrives: The serial number tag is located on the UPPER DRIVE SHAFT HOUSING (starboard side or on the back of the housing).
- Mercury Outboards: The serial number tag is located on the transom bracket.
Locating Mercury Marine Technical Specifications (Read More)
- Mercury Marine Engine Performance Specifications
- Mercruiser Sterndrive Torque Ratings
- Mercury Marine Engine Oil, Gear Lube, and Fuel Requirements
- Many, Many More Mercury Marine Product Specifications
Mercury Marine Technical Articles Library (Read More)
- Don't forget to check out our Technical Library for Techncial Articles relating to Marine Exhaust Systems, Marine Cooling Systems, Marine Engine, and many other Marine topics.
- This library contains technical product information ranging from fastener torque guidelines to gear lube capacities and spark plug specifications.
Additional Mercury Marine Product Reference Information
+ The History of Mercury Marine
Mercury Marine and Mercruiser are well known within the Marine Industry and both are leading producers of Marine Engines, Outboards and Sterndrive products. Mercury Marine was founded in Cedarburg Wisconsin in the late 1930's when an engineer by the name of Carl Kiekhaefer purchased the failing Thor Outboard Motor Company. With a strong desire to get into the Magnetic Separator business Kiekhaefer did not originally intend to use the defective Thor Outboard Units he purchased through this agreement, but having been forced to purchase these 300 defective Outboard Motors, he and his investors wanted to recoup as much of their investment as possible. After much hard work and product redesign over the next several months, Kiekhaefer and his associates not only presented totally redesigned Mercury Outboard Motors at the 1940 New York Boat Show but also took several thousand orders for his these new Mercury Outboards. Years later in 1961 Kiekhaefer reluctantly agreed to be acquired by the Brunswick corporation. Ultimately this lead to the end of the relationship between himself and Brunswick with Kiekhaefer and Brunswick parting ways just 9 years later. Today Mercury Marine is headquartered in Fon du Lac Wisconsin, while the relationship with Brunswick Corporation has proven to be successful for both Mercury Marine and Brunswick. Mercury Marine is the parent company and the namesake for their Mercury Outboard line of motors. Mercruiser is the name associated with their Inboard and Sterndrive line of Marine Engines products.
+ PPT Direct Replacement Mercury Marine Parts Options
+ Additonal PPT Company Information
The owners of Performance Product Technologies (PPT) have an extensive background within the Marine Industry having worked for more than 25 years as engineers for Mercury Marine. Today PPT offers online shoppers a quick and simple way to locate affordable Mercury Marine Parts & Mercruiser Parts. Within our extensive Online Marine Parts & Accessories catalog you will find a variety of Mercury Marine products including both Optimax and Verado Outboards as well as Bravo and Alpha Sterndrives. Locating the correct Mercury Mercruiser Parts is made simple with PPT by navigating the Mercury Marine Parts Diagrams to Lookup products by either HP/Serial Range or Year/Model Number. We also offer a large variety of Mercury Marine Factory Direct special offers that allow you to locate and Buy Seasonal & Clearance Sale Items while always receiving the deepest discounts available.
Call us at (405) 533-3812 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details, there is no better deal available, guaranteed!